As the appointed library representative to the social committee, I extend Fayetteville Public’s cordial welcome to incoming students. You have a lot to learn your first weeks of college, but don’t forget that your public library can help.
Top Ten reasons to get an FPL library card
10. Three magic words: Free parking garage.
9. E-books: No one has to know that you’re reading Hollywood House Call not Adam Smith’s Wealth of Nations.
8. Text-a-librarian before making your first solo meal – just send a text to 66746 & start the question with ‘fpl.’ ‘Fpl, can I make mac-n-cheese without butter?’ BTW – the answer is yes, but it won’t taste like Mom’s.
7. See how your college experience is stacking up after checking out DVDs Animal House, The Graduate and Pitch Perfect.
6. Study rooms – silence optional.
5. Coffee run takes two minutes instead of twenty — downstairs versus across campus.
3. Ranked top study place by the Traveler last year, largely because of points 4 – 10.
2. Monday evening yoga. No, not Toga; leaving that to the experts.
1. Free library card; no tuition required.
Come by the library with your driver’s license/state-issued ID and U of A student ID card to get a free library card. Mention you read this article, and we’ll throw in an FPL bottle opener. Yet another way the library is helping your collegiate transition.
Visit us at Fayetteville Public Library, 401 W Mountain St., Fayetteville, www.faylib.org, or contact us at email@example.com or 479.856.7000.