- Top Color Nail Polish (clear)
- Light colored nail polish
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Small bowl (or lid to alcohol)
- Strips of newspaper to fit nails
1. Pick a light colored nail polish (light grey/silver, light pink, pearl, white, etc.—just make sure it’s a light color!). Paint nails as you normally would (if you use a top coat before the color, go for it, but it’s not needed). Allow to FULLY dry.
2. Dip finger into rubbing alcohol for 5-10 seconds. Be sure to pour the alcohol into a dish or lid. Don’t dip it straight into the bottle Also, if you have a cut around your fingers, I suggest letting it heal before you do this. Alcohol burns! (one finger at a time! So dip, soak, move to next step BEFORE dipping the next finger.)
3. Firmly press newspaper strip to nail. Hold in place for approximately 10 seconds. Slowly peel paper off nail.
4. Finish with a clear top coat to add shine and keep the newsprint on your nail (you must do this step, otherwise the print will wash away)
Now go show off your awesome looking nails!