- Dive in Movies at Wilson Park: June 24, “Yogi Bear;” July 15, “Megamind;” July 29, “The Goonies” Wilson Pool: $2 youth, $3 adult, season packages available, swim lessons, closed on Mondays
- Gulley Park Summer Concert Series: June 23, Waylon Pierce; July 14, Casual Flyze & the Earth; July 28, Tim Brantley; Aug. 11, Uncrowned Kings. All shows start 7 p.m. Free and family friendly
- Boys & Girls Club of Fayetteville: $5 daily use or memberships available; pool, indoor track and fitness center, rock climbing wall
- Jones Center, Springdale: ice arena, pool, gymnasium, park and trail, summer programs
- Rogers Skate & Splash Park: near Rogers Activity Center, open 1-8 p.m. Sat and Sun
- Lawrence Plaza: splash pad; free; 9 a.m.-10 p.m. daily; closes at 4 p.m. first Friday of each month for First Friday Flicks
First Friday Flicks: July 1, “Shrek;” Aug. 4, “Finding Nemo;” Sept. 2, “Toy Story;” Oct. 7, “Miracle”
- Melvin Ford Aquatic Center: 1-7 p.m. Monday to Friday and noon-7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday; $1.25 age 16 and younger, $1.50 adults; 10 punch passes available
- Boys & Girls Club, Benton County: four facilities, bgbentoncounty.org
For an inclusive list of parks, activities, camps, day trip ideas and more visit nwakidsguide.com.
The city of Fayetteville has revamped its Newsletter with expansive coverage of the area. The newsletter is a downloadable form that has embedded interactive links and a wealth of information. The June 2011 edition boasts 24 colorful pages. Suggestions are welcomed by the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org. To subscribe, visit accessfayetteville.org.
Discover the new, local social network CommonPlace. This website intends to bring the community together by providing a location for neighborhood posts, community announcements, events and a directory. Check it out and sign up at Fayetteville.ourcommonplace.com.
Cats In The Bag
The summer heat has many effects on the natures of creatures. One effect is the influx of homeless animals at the shelters. In attempt to relieve some of the overcrowding, the Fayetteville Animal Shelter will waive the adoption fee on all cats and kittens on Friday, June 17. All cats and kittens will be spayed or neutered, microchipped and vaccinated. Fill out an application in advance to streamline the process. Applications are available at accessfayetteville.org or at 1640 S. Armstrong Ave.