Eureka Springs to host new multisport festival
“The Eurekan,” a new multisport event, will take place Aug. 12-14 in Eureka Springs.
The festival will include a sprint-distance triathlon on Friday, road bike tour rides and races on Saturday and running races on Sunday. Any participant who can complete the triathlon, a 100-mile ride and 10K run will be crowned as “The Eurekan.”
Athletes can choose to participate in any of the events separately or they can sign up for The Eurekan challenge.
Event Schedule (Aug. 12-14)
- Triathlon — 300 yard swim, 10 mile bike, 2 mile run
- Bike tour rides – 50 and 100 mile
- Bike Races – varying distances
- 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk, 5K Run, and 10K Run
- Awards Ceremony following the runs
Detailed race information, course maps, registration, sponsor or volunteer information will be posted to www.eurekasportsfestival.com.